Garmin Forerunner 201 Review
The Garmin Forerunner 201 is an excellent GPS running wristwatch. It can virtually take you to the next level of training and performance. It's easy to use, easy to read, and comes with some of the best running wristwatch features available for runners. Simply put, don’t go without it. The Garmin Forerunner 201 features an integrated GPS sensor that can help you monitor speed, distance and pace data. But, it does so much more. Let’s take a look at the Garmin Forerunner 201:
Garmin Forerunner 201 - Advantages and Features
- The Garmin Forerunner 201 is compact, lightweight, and accurate. It can help you with performance tracking, auto lap, auto pause and so much more.
- It also has a Virtual Partner that will travel with you throughout your workouts. Program it to meet your training goals by configuring the pace and workout distance. Then, gauge yourself against the Virtual Partner.
- The Garmin Forerunner 201 also comes with Training Center Software that will allow you to plan, store and analyze information from your workouts and runs. Graph your speed, your pace and your elevation.
- The GPS sensor provides precise information about your latitude, longitude and exact location data.
- You can reverse your route for variation.
- You can track the amount of calories that you are burning off. And, you can store this information for up to two years.
- Mark specific locations and look them up on your electronic map.
- Lap history is stored for up to two years and can include lap time, distance, and pace.
- Accurate record is kept so that you can come back and monitor where you are compared to where you have been.
- A whistle will sound when you have reached your goals. It will also let you know if you are traveling slower or faster than your desired results, allowing you to accommodate the need.
Garmin Forerunner 201 - Disadvantage
The most often mentioned disadvantage of the Garmin Forerunner 201 is it's inability to maintain a GPS tracking signal in areas where there is heavy tree growth or large obstructions. If you are a hardcore trail runner, the Garmin Forerunner 201 is probably not for you. However, in most other running situations, the Forerunner 201 will more than do the trick for you.
The Garmin Forerunner 201 is equipped in just the right ways to allow you to excel in your running game. The GPS tracker keeps you focused, the Virtual
Partner keeps you motivated, and the Training Center Software keeps the records for you to plan your next run. Don’t go without the Garmin Forerunner 201.
Return to Running Gear
Choosing Running Shoes
Running Injuries - Prevention and Treatment
Running Posters, Prints, and Art
Running Books and Magazines